NEW STORE HOURS to Enhance Social Distancing
APRIL 17, 2020
Beginning Saturday April 18
WHITINSVILLE, UXBRIDGE, GRAFTON, & MILFORD STORES:
Stores Open: MON-SAT 7AM - 5PM
SHARON, HUDSON, & ANDOVER STORES:
Stores Open: MON-FRI 6:30AM - 4PM | SAT: 7AM - 12:30PM
Our stores remain open because we provide essential items. When visiting stores for these items, please practice social distancing, wear a mask if possible, and pre-shop online, via phone, or email prior to your visit. Contact free curbside is available 7am-5pm for phone, email, and web orders. Please allow our team sufficient time to process these requests. The stores remain full service at this time for all walk-in traffic. shopkoopman.com has over 10,000 of our in-store items available for curbside purchase. Please reach out to us directly for paint and lumber items that are not online.
IMPORTANT - TEMPORARY CHANGE TO STORE HOURS
APRIL 8, 2020
Beginning Thursday, April 9
WHITINSVILLE, UXBRIDGE, GRAFTON, & MILFORD STORES:
Stores Open: MON-SAT 7AM - 12PM For Essential Items
Curbside Pickup: MON-SAT 7AM - 3PM For All Items
SHARON, HUDSON & ANDOVER STORES:
Stores Open: MON-FRI 6:30AM - 3PM
During this crisis, we're doing our best to protect both our customers and team members by limiting contact and practicing social distancing. We are asking our customers to limit their in-store visits whenever possible, and we've introduced some new services to help you do that.
Our online store has over 10,000 of our most common in-store items with current availability. You can check your store for what is on hand - even after hours! Place your order online, and we'll quickly pick it and notify you when it's ready (during normal hours).
2. Need some help?
For the rest of our stock, or if you need help selecting the right items, give us a call! Our team members will help you finalize the right list and take your order over the phone. We can send you a secure payment link via email, and you can apply your payment directly to your order in seconds.
3. Utilize Curbside Pickup!
If your order is fully paid, it qualifies for contactless curbside pickup. Pull into the marked lanes near the door, and call the number posted to let us know you've arrived. We'll bring your order out to your vehicle, help load it up and you can be on your way.
4. What about Contractors?
Contractors should continue to directly contact their salesman and support teams. We are continuing to deliver. We've made extra precautions to assure contactless deliveries.
5. Garden Centers are open
Our garden centers are outdoor, and we are spreading everything out to allow lots of space. We are striving to maintain a good supply of vegetable plants to help you get your garden growing.
6. Rentals are still available!
Our Uxbridge and No. Grafton rental locations are ready to help you get the equipment you need. We carefully sanitize all equipment between each rental.
7. Anything else?
Got questions? Need help with an order? Send us a list for a quote or for an order? Visit our locations page and you'll find a link to contact us by email at your favorite Koopman store. We'll answer your question, or prepare your order, and send a reply. You can even pay for your order through a secure email link.
Koopman Lumber is deemed an essential business. We are committed to serving our customerds and our communities as safely as possible. We hope these shortened hours will not extend beyond two weeks but will continue to keep you updated right here.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we walk this out together!
COVID-19 SMALL BUSINESS RESOURCES
APRIL 3, 2020
There is nothing more important than the safety of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. Maintaining safe working environments is only one facet of that responsibility. Financial health for small businesses is critical as well.
Navigating the key components of the three Federal stimulus packages signed into law last week is a challenging task. These links direct you towards resources we have found invaluable at this time:
- Small Business Loans and Grants.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Emergency Sick Leave and Medical Leave
- Unemployment Provisions
- Employee Retention Credit.
- Delay of Employer-Paid Payroll Tax Payments
- Single Family Mortgage Relief
- Multifamily Mortgage Forbearance
Additionally, the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has excellent resources to Protect Your Business.
Finally, the Baker Administration has COVID-19 guidelines for all public construction sites, outlining the essential safety requirements in place wherever you find state workers or state projects.
Please, consult your banker and accountant for additional information.
From our small business to yours – stay safe, and stay healthy.
HOW TO SHOP AT KOOPMAN
MARCH 30, 2020
- 1. Stores are currently open! Store hours may change – click here for the most current hours.
- 2. Buy Online: shopkoopman.com has MOST of our IN-STORE items available with quantities updated hourly. You pay online with credit card and pickup in store or curbside. For curbside, simply pull up to one of the designated parking spots and dial the number on your receipt. We’ll bring your order out.
- 3. Call in – secure online payment: We’re available to assist on the phone. We can take your order over the phone and send you a secure payment link that automatically posts to your order in our system. Then you can pick up your order – in store or curbside.
- 4. Please watch our locations page for most current hours. Currently, most locations are open 7-3 Mon-Sat.
MARCH 30, 2020
Following current government guidance that we are an essential business, Koopman Lumber will remain open and operational until further notice. The contractors we serve have also been deemed an essential service, so we continue to deliver to job sites as well. The safety of our staff and customers are of utmost importance. We are encouraging social distancing in stores and sanitizing all contact areas frequently. We have also launched shopkoopman.com and secure payment link to enable contact-free curbside pickup.
Update to Koopman Lumber Operations
MARCH 23, 2020
WE ARE STAYING OPEN! Koopman Lumber & Hardware is exempt from Governor Baker's shutdown of non-essential businesses on March 23, 2020. CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED STORE HOURS In addition, builders are considered essential. You can download a copy of the Governor's document regarding essential businesses below. From page 8: "Construction Workers who support the construction, operation, inspection, and maintenance of construction sites and construction projects (including housing construction)" - this means TOMORROW'S CLOSURE OF NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES DOES NOT INCLUDE CONSTRUCTION SITES!
An Important Message From Koopman Lumber Concerning COVID-19
MARCH 19, 2020
As our nation confronts the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain extremely grateful to the communities we serve. Our team members who continue to deliver materials, take orders, mix paint, and stock shelves are doing a fantastic job. Our customers have been fantastic as well.
WE ARE OPEN! To date, we have been able to meet all demand for products we have. We continue to get many shipments each day at our locations.
Among the many actions in place are the following:
- Deliveries of building materials continue. Drivers are taking precautions for cleaning and sanitizing between locations. Please keep us posted if you need to make adjustments to your loads as situations develop.
- We are hearing of town offices doing a great job working with contractors to keep permitting moving even if the office is closed to the public and contractors are getting creative about separating work crews to keep everyone safe. Be sure to reach out to your local departments to see what they are doing to safely help the contractor.
- Our seven stores continue in full operation. We are typically cleaning cashier areas between each customer in addition to other aggressive sanitizing efforts and observing social distancing. Store hours are being adjusted as needed. Please check the website or google listing for location hours for the week.
- We continue to monitor all official government actions and declarations and respond accordingly.
- We are confident in our designation as an essential service to the community, so we expect to stay open throughout this crisis.
- Our online store should be live this weekend with most of our in-store inventory available for Buy Online Pickup in Store. If you would like your purchase brought to your vehicle, simply call the store upon arrival and we’re happy to bring your order outside. Call in for any building material or paint needs.
- No cases of Coronavirus are confirmed among our staff or their households at this time. Any staff who exhibits symptoms, has a suspected exposure, or has traveled recently is staying away from work. The safety of our staff and customers remains our highest priority.
- Thanks to our system upgrade last year, we have been able to have as many staff as possible work from home and still offer excellent service to our customers.
- We have many orders outstanding with many different suppliers to continue to meet your needs. We have excellent partnerships in our supply chains and everyone is working very hard to keep us in stock.
Please reach out to us if there’s anything we can do to help you. We are here to serve. We are confident we will emerge stronger on the other side and sincerely appreciate the emergence of communities coming together to make sure everyone is taken care of.
Dirk Koopman | Denise Brookhouse | Tony Brookhouse