As a company with about 300 employees, new opportunities are always emerging. We encourage anyone interested in a rewarding position at Koopman Lumber to fill out the application as this database is the first place we look when an open position is identified.
Current Open Positions:
The primary responsibility of a kitchen and bath designer is to generate a profit for the company by selling company products and services and meeting the needs of customers.
The salesperson’s responsibilities will be accomplished by performing the following specific duties:
- Maintaining product catalogs
- Maintaining an adequate knowledge of products, industry trends, and pricing
- Maintaining an adequate knowledge of cost estimating and pricing systems
- Providing a thorough sales presentation for each customer including:
- Arriving on time for each appointment or contacting the customer if delays occur.
- During initial appointment determining the customer’s needs, investment level and desired outcome. Measure the job and scheduling a second meeting.
- Preparing a design using the 2020 Technologies software.
- Preparing an estimate within seven days of the first meeting or within a time frame agreed upon with the customer.
- Making a presentation, a written proposal or quote, renderings and design statement.
- Providing samples and literature as needed.
- Scheduling subsequent meetings as needed until the proposal or quote outcome is known.
- Collecting deposits for special orders prior to placing orders, in accordance with Koopman Lumber policies.
- Obtain materials and/or services ordered by customers by:
- Placing orders with vendors on a timely basis to meet customer’s delivery expectations.
- Follow “Special Order” procedures when ordering materials for customers.
- Scheduling deliveries as needed according to the “Delivery Policy”
- Supporting the installation process by:
- Providing the customer and/or contractor with a list of customer decisions such as style, color, model, size, etc. of fixtures, accessories, etc. chosen by the customer, and answer questions and providing technical information as needed to support the installation. Floorplans and Elevations
- Participating in the pre-installation conference as needed
- Ensuring projects are progressing satisfactorily and maintaining contact with the customers and/or contractor by visiting job sites as needed.
- Pricing and selling change orders as needed or requested. Providing a written copy of the change order to the customer and/or contractor, obtaining necessary signatures and collecting additional monies as appropriate.
- Working with the customers and/or contractor to resolve problems resulting from misunderstandings or the interpretation of specifications.
- Providing assistance to the installer and/or credit department to collect scheduled payments (if collection is Koopman responsibility)
- Calling each customer within 30 days of job’s completion to:
- Identify and resolve problems that may have developed during the job.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Solicit referrals for future work.
- Attending all scheduled sales meetings.
- Cooperate with all other Koopman personnel to ensure a healthy and prosperous working environment.
- Prospect for new business in assigned areas and/or as directed by management.
- Meet or exceed monthly sales goals/quotas as determined by management.
Salespeople will work in store floor time as scheduled and off floor time as necessary to accomplish the responsibilities and duties outlined. The actual hours worked are flexible due to the need for evening and/or weekend appointments.
Salespeople will dress professionally and present a neat appearance at all times.
Sitting, Standing, Walking, proficiency in math and computer design software, must possess a valid driver’s license
- Box Truck Delivery Helpers - Sutton
- Class A CDL Driver* with 1-C Hoisting License - Uxbridge DC
- Experienced Box Truck delivery driver - Sutton
- Experienced Building Materials load puller - Uxbridge DC
- Load Pullers - Location varies
- Outside Lumber Sales - Applications from experienced professionals always welcomed
- Lumber Customer Service / Load Puller - Sharon Store - Immediate Openings
- Class A Drivers* - Various locations
- Boom Truck Operator - Andover
*Will pay for Class A CDL training for the right candidates - note on application if interested.
Koopman Lumber, Inc.
665 Church Street
Whitinsville, MA 01588
P: (508) 234-4545